Home Argan Oil Beauty Dove Elixir Hair Oil Hibiscus Indian Fashion Blogger Mumbai Fashion Blogger Priya Adivarekar Review - Dove Elixir Hair Oil
Review - Dove Elixir Hair Oil
Since it's launch, I have been waiting to try the Dove Elixir hair oil for some reason. Perhaps because their range of shampoos and conditioners have been doing a pretty good job. I don't know why it took months for this product to officially hit the market and online stores. Post the launch, they have been promoting this product extensively. I am sure you must have seen posters of this beautiful glass bottle at almost every bus stop. But, is this product worth the hype (and money)?
Read the review to find out!
Dove elixir range comes in three different varieties. I picked up Nourished Shine, which contains hibiscus and argan oil. Post the advent of Moroccan oil and other products that contain argan (basically, the oil is produced from the kernels of this tree, which is endemic to the southwestern desserts in Morocco), Argan oil has become a rage. Hibiscus is known to have wonderful properties, which works best for hair.
Dove claims: The healing properties of hibiscus and argan oil makes your hair soft and nourished, provides luminosity to your hair. Argan oil retains moisture in your hair, thus, treating dryness and making it supple and smooth. The brilliant blend of hibiscus and argan oil transforms into this Dove Elixir Nourished Shine Hair Oil and gives you the best nurture possible.
- Love the packaging. Dove elixir hair oils come in a pretty glass bottle, and it has a handy pump dispenser.
- The oil has a nice floral fragrance.
- It's not very greasy and when applied, it's extremely light on your hair.
- You don't have to waste too much of shampoo to wash off this product.
- Perfect for people who are always in a hurry and get no time for a nice hair oil massage. Pre shower, apply this for 30 minutes and you will be happy with the results.
- The bottle is not travel friendly.
- If you use it as a leave-in conditioner, your hair might turn greasy.
- Avoid using too much of this product in one go (not a good option for head massages).
Size - 90 ml
Price - Rs 185/-
Type: Hibiscus and Argan
Available in three variants
Final Verdict: After using this product for a fortnight, I can say that it does help nourish your hair. You will notice that your hair feels soft and smooth after a wash. If you use it with a good shampoo-conditioner combo, the results will bring a smile on your face. I haven't tried using this as a leave-in serum, but as a hair oil it has done a good job. My sister tried using this as a serum and ended up with greasy hair all day long. So, using it as a hair oil is your best bet. Thanks to its non-greasy texture, it takes a few minutes to wash off all the product from my hair (which saves a lot of time).
Although I haven't ditched my good ol' coconut and olive oil combo yet (as I continue to use it for my fortnightly home head massage), I will definitely buy this Dove elixir again.
Have you tried Dove Elixir Hair Oil? If yes, then share your experience with us!