Home Lifestyle Lost & Found Love Mumbai Opposites Attract Priya Adivarekar Reasons Why Opposites Attract Relationship Relationships SonyLiv SonyLiv Web Series Susan Cain Top Lifestyle Blogger Web Series 7 Reasons Why Opposites Attract | Relationships
7 Reasons Why Opposites Attract | Relationships
“Opposites attract, and I think temperament is so fundamental that you end up craving someone of the opposite temperament to complete you.” – Susan Cain
As believers of the scientifically proven theory that opposites do attract, we completely swear by American writer Cain’s belief. And not just us. One look at some of our favorite Bollywood couples, and you will realise that the most successful relationships have had couples with personalities that are poles apart. What’s a relationship without some sugar and spice? Nobody likes ‘em all sweet or spicy anyway. After all, even a 2013 research by Columbia University has proved that couples who agree with each other all the time may find that they are actually too close for comfort. Nah! We would prefer to keep it exciting instead.
Don’t believe us? Well, we give you 7 reasons why opposites attract and that too, for good!
- Curiosity: Living with someone who is exactly like you may initially seem like a better option, but wouldn't it be like living with yourself? Being intrigued and then, getting to know something new about your partner’s personality sounds like a much better idea. There is so much more to life than just knowing what you already do.
- Learning: When opposites attract, there is a lot of scope for learning and teaching one another. Both the individuals have had experiences to share and mistakes to learn from. It’s great to grow together and learn from each other.
- No Overlaps: If you like watching films, he may love going out for a long drive. Which means, both of you can indulge in activities without major overlaps (or fights over control of the television remote). Isn’t that convincing enough?
- Motivation: Each partner may excel in something that the other may not [For eg: Jai is a geek and Preeti has an undying zest for life, ]. As a result, you learn something new and motivate each other to perform better in the activity, thus giving you the best of both worlds.
- Explore: If he loves traveling and you love discovering new music artists everyday, could it get any better? There will be tons of new cities and countries to explore, and a variety of playlists that will keep the two of you hooked on for days to come. Your respective interests will help you discover something new every day.
- Balance: Imagine two people, both hot headed and super frustrated in general, all set to quarrel over a petty issue? Run for your lives already, folks! In relationships that work, balance is the key. A hot headed individual needs a ‘captain cool’, who can do the job of solving the issue efficiently.
- Excitement: You will always be excited to know more about your partner and his personality. Be it the way he/she shops or discusses movies; each day shall spring new surprises. There ain’t no room for boredom, fellas! The perfect recipe for happiness in a relationship is a serious dose of excitement.
When we stumbled upon the first few episodes of SonyLIV’s latest offering – Lost & Found, our faith in this age old concept of relationships was restored. The perfect tale of unexpected love, where opposites attract in the most bizarre turn of incidents. One look at this web series and you can’t help but agree - when opposites attract, happy ending toh banta hain boss!
Do you have something to say about ‘opposites’ in a relationship? Share your thoughts in the comments box below or join the conversation on Twitter with #LostAndFound.