Home Diary of a Dancebee Fitness Health Health Diaries with Mickey Mehta How to beat Stress Lifestyle Mickey Mehta Physical Fitness Priya Adivarekar Wellness Workout Yoga 6 Exercises to beat the Stress | Health Diaries with Mickey Mehta
6 Exercises to beat the Stress | Health Diaries with Mickey Mehta
In part one of this feature, we discussed 6 important changes in our lifestyle, that can help beat the unnecessary stress and tension in our lives. In this part, holistic health guru Mickey Mehta discusses 6 exercises and workout routines, that will help beat stress and leave you feeling energetic, calm and cool.
• Cardio Workout: They help to improve blood circulation and oxygenation. Exercises like spot jogging, jumping jacks and activities like skipping, swimming, brisk walks among others can benefit an individual a lot. You can begin with some of these as a warm up exercise and gradually, increase the time devoted to each activity. It helps in breaking your otherwise mundane routine, and leaves you feeling refreshed.
• Strength Exercises: These are extremely beneficial for those feel tired and lethargic very often. Exercises like biceps curls, triceps extensions, push ups, squats and lunges helps strengthen your bones, ligaments and muscles. Regular routines will promote stamina and endurance. Say goodbye to Monday blues and unnecessary stress.
• Stretches: Perform suryanamaskar, tadasana, side stretch, neck rotation, arm rotation, shoulder shrugs among others on a regular basis. This will allow your body to get flexible and will relax your muscles, making you more agile. It will also help to alleviate neck pain, lower back pain, wrist aches, and other problems, that are often faced by those who sit in front of the computer for long hours in office.
• Yoga for Core Strength: Yogasanas like bhujangasana, naukasana, pawanmukhthasana, paschimotasana, sethubandhasana, plank pose among others are excellent for overall core strength and stability. Yoga builds your immune system and protects you against not just stress, coronary heart diseases, hypertension, diabetes and obesity.
• Deep Breathing Exercises: Pranayam helps in keeping your mind, body and soul calm. It helps in inner balance and revitalizes the body, clears clutter and confusion; thus bringing clarity to the mind. When stress builds up, it is important to allow your mind and body to relax.
• Have Realistic Goals and Targets: Being healthy is extremely important and that includes having the right balance of strength, stamina, tone and energy, with special emphasis on keeping your-self stress and disease free. A mix of yoga, right breathing techniques, sensible eating plan, meditation, simple exercises, adequate rest and relaxation is the perfect mix for a healthy, stress-free life!
By Mickey Mehta
for Diary of a Dancebee
Got a query or topic that you would like Holistic Health Guru and our celebrity columnist - Mickey Mehta - to answer or discuss? Send in your suggestions / questions on Twitter at @priyaadivarekar